What is a water pump and how does a water pump work?
Because engine temperatures in your vehicle can reach up to 195-220 degrees on average, and even higher in the summer, it is important that your vehicle is kept cool on the inside. To achieve this, all vehicles, including those from Acura, Audi, BMW, and Buick, circulate coolant through the engine. Coolant is a mixture of water and antifreeze and is part of your vehicle's cooling system. The water pump makes sure the coolant keeps moving through the radiator, engine block, and hoses to maintain a proper operating temperature. Your vehicle's water pump is driven by the timing belt and takes coolant from the radiator and moves it through the motor back to the radiator, where the cycle begins again. If you have a bad water pump and do not tend to it, it could lead to engine failure or a coolant leak. If you live in Escondido, CA, San Marcos, CA, Hidden Meadows, CA, Oceanside, CA, or Rancho Bernardo, CA, you can bring your vehicle to Escondido Autopros- Auto Repair & Hybrid Repair in San Diego County.
How do I know that there is something wrong with my water pump?
Your vehicle's water pump contains several parts, such as cylinder heads, gaskets, and seals that can crack or break over time. We at Escondido Autopros- Auto Repair & Hybrid Repair can make sure these parts are replaced properly and efficiently. In more extreme cases, we can also discuss water pump replacement with you or send a tow truck if you run into an emergency on the road. Here are some signs that indicate that your water pump needs to be repaired or replaced:
- Your coolant leaks: If your coolant is leaking, you will see green puddles underneath your car. This is a sign that something is wrong with your vehicle's cooling system. You can place a piece of cardboard underneath the leak to prevent it from staining your driveway or garage.
- Your temperature gauge reads high: If your water temperature gauge displays high-temperature readings, this means that your vehicle's water pump is not circulating enough coolant through the engine block. If this occurs as you are driving, it is crucial to bring your vehicle to Escondido Autopros- Auto Repair & Hybrid Repair in Escondido, CA, 92026 immediately.
- You hear strange sounds coming from the engine: If you hear a high pitched, whining sound or a low pitched grinding sound coming from your vehicle's engine, it is probably coming from a wobbling pulley that in turn is affecting your vehicle's fan belt. As you accelerate, the sound may become louder. Strange sounds from your vehicle are never good, so if this occurs be sure to bring your vehicle to Escondido Autopros- Auto Repair & Hybrid Repair . In addition to water pump repair, we also specialize in Automotive repair and Hybrid Repair.
- Water leaks from the engine: If you notice water coming out of the front of your vehicle's engine, this means that the water pump is beginning to fail. Some water pumps have a built-in outlet called a weep hole where water drips when there is an issue with the water pump.
- You notice corrosion on your water pump: If you notice mineral build-up, rust, or contamination on your water pump, this means you are using the wrong type of coolant which makes cooling your vehicle's engine more difficult. You can give Escondido Autopros- Auto Repair & Hybrid Repair a call at 760-739-8838 and we can tell you which type of coolant is compatible with your vehicle.
- You see steam escaping from your engine: If you see steam, your engine is overheating. Immediately pull over, open the hood of your car, and call a tow truck if this problem occurs while driving.
Your Reliable Shop for Water Pump Repair
There may be a time when you need a water pump repair on your vehicle. Getting the best service for water pump repair is important to ensure that your vehicle will be cared for and fixed back to its optimal level. We at Escondido Autopros- Auto Repair & Hybrid Repair and our Expert technicians have been fixing cars since 1998 and are well-versed in all things water pump and auto repair. We have a review score of 100 based on reviews from 360 satisfied customers. All of our equipment is up to date and regularly maintained to perform well on your vehicle. We work hard to bring back your vehicle to you and on the roads again because we understand how important your vehicle is to your day-to-day life. Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
- We provide a wide range of services, including oil changes, brakes, transmissions, and engine repair, among others
- Our team of highly skilled technicians is committed to providing quality services, ensuring that your vehicle is safe and reliable.
- We use state-of-the-art equipment and quality parts to diagnose and repair any issues with your vehicle.
- With our customer-focused approach, our prioritize customer satisfaction and aim to exceed their expectations.
- We provide a shuttle service and a comfortable waiting room, ensuring that our customers are comfortable while their vehicles are being serviced.
To schedule an appointment with Escondido Autopros- Auto Repair & Hybrid Repair in Escondido, give us a call at 760-739-8838 or schedule an appointment online. Escondido Autopros- Auto Repair & Hybrid Repair - Trustworthy auto care for your peace of mind.